• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wanted: someone to submit my Ltd's tax return please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted: someone to submit my Ltd's tax return please

All prepared it's just the HMRC online services won't let me submit because I shortened the accounting period from 30 April 2016 to 25 Jan as the company has ceased trading and is entering MVL as soon as possible.

The HMRC website says I must file using software or via companies house. I don't think the companies house return is sufficient for HMRC and as it stands they've not been able to tell me either.

Thanks

Hi Olly

HMRC will need different accounts to the companies house submission (if you have filed abbreviated accounts). So will need to file:

- full accounts including notes and detailed profit and loss account
    - corporation tax calculation
    - ct600 corporation tax return

Has that all been prepared? Did you prepare or an accountant?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan @ Stilwell Gray View Post
      Hi Olly

HMRC will need different accounts to the companies house submission (if you have filed abbreviated accounts). So will need to file:

I didn't file to companies house.
      Normally I complete the online form on HMRC which also makes the companies house return(s).
      I have prepared the financial report, for I think the 4th or 5th year runing, that contains all the info required. It takes me about 30 minutes to cut and paste everything into the on-line version.
      Happy to share.

Thanks Oliver
      Last edited by Olly; 27 January 2016, 09:52.

Comment

Hi Olly

Now that would be quite funny.....
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
          I didn't file to companies house.
          Normally I complete the online form on HMRC which also makes the companies house return(s).
          I have prepared the financial report, for I think the 4th or 5th year runing, that contains all the info required. It takes me about 30 minutes to cut and paste everything into the on-line version.
          Happy to share.

Thanks Oliver
          You're quicker than me then if you can do all that in 30 minutes! In terms of fees I would estimate most accountants would charge £400 to £800 depending on the quality of the information.

Comment

You're quicker than me then if you can do all that in 30 minutes! In terms of fees I would estimate most accountants would charge £400 to £800 depending on the quality of the information.
            The on-line method using HMRC website really is a short job. I did the 2015 return yesterday. We must be talking about a different process.

I've asked HMRC to change the period too but it may be a 2 or 3 week process by snail mail. Ridiculous really

Comment

Olly - are you sure you've done as Dan is suggesting? i.e full set of accounts each year for your ltd?

As he says, this is not a 30 min job.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Olly - are you sure you've done as Dan is suggesting? i.e full set of accounts each year for your ltd?

As he says, this is not a 30 min job.
                Transposing all the info onto the HMRC site doesn't take long.

Preparing the directors financial statement in the first place is time consuming as invariably the directors loan account needs a little attention but I keep good records so working out things like turnover or expenses is easy.

If I've been doing it wrong then it's been wrong for 4 years at least.

Comment

Hi Olly - I might be able to help. Drop me a PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X