• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No water at client's site?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stuballs View Post
    coffee (the machines are plumbed in...)...
    Eeew not one of those Klix machines?

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      That's a bit mean! You are tempting me get myself another ban 15 minutes after the last one expired??

It's tempting though.... This, Cirrus and Relaxed all got questionable post up it's highly possible I could be given extended leave yet
      Not trying to get you banned at all, was hoping for some of your usual fun comments. Sometimes you go a bit too far , but at the same time people do really need to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        Eeew not one of those Klix machines?

Many moons ago I was a permie at a godforsaken software house owned by a Basil Fawlty type who decreed no Kettles/Microwaves etc were allowed due to 'elf un safety' (= not wanting to pay to have them checked I imagine), so he had machines installed that supplied this type of p!ss awful coffee/tea, of course there was no free vend, 15p a cup (in fact even hot water to make your own drink was from this machine and was charged at the princly sum of 2 pence per cup)

Comment

Cirrus and Relaxed all got questionable post up it's highly possible...
          Can you translate that into (Southern) English?
          "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
            Can you translate that into (Southern) English?
            Posts bad, NLUK fix, NLUK get in trouble with big bosses.

HTH
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
              Many moons ago I was a permie at a godforsaken software house owned by a Basil Fawlty type who decreed no Kettles/Microwaves etc were allowed due to 'elf un safety' (= not wanting to pay to have them checked I imagine), so he had machines installed that supplied this type of p!ss awful coffee/tea, of course there was no free vend, 15p a cup (in fact even hot water to make your own drink was from this machine and was charged at the princly sum of 2 pence per cup)
              At IBM the microwave electricity supply was on a timer so you couldn't use it while the outsourced canteen was open and they charged 19p for hot water for a brew.

Comment

HTH
                I heard "they" have "reformed" you and that you have promised to be really polite, to everyone, from now on.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I'm Innocent

HTH
                  Well that still doesn't explain what I've done wrong
                  "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                    Well that still doesn't explain what I've done wrong
                    Well a little off topic but offering to review someones CV when you have to ask us about a fairly fundamental rule of CVs. Blind leading the blind really. But back to this thread.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Phew

fairly fundamental rule of CVs.
                      Ah well.

You see - there is no God

And ... there is no R U L E O F C V s.

I was asking for people's opinions.

Comment

Working...
                      X