Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Posts 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: EV Company Car

Contractor Among Contractors

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

just been talking to accountant and doing some sum's wouldn't mind 3rd opinion...

car cost circa 70K
    with the capital write off of that in the first year, i am reducing corp tax by about 14K
    so as a result i have 14K still in the company not taxable, to do with how i want....

getting it on finance through the company, monthly payments are circa 800
    so i have 800 less profit and to pay myself divi's with
    the impact of that 800 is reduced somewhat by no perssonal car finance, fuel, etc. (but not forgetting BIK tax)

but with the corp tax savings, i could compensate that by releasing that saved 14K as divi's at whatever rate i want (e.g 14K / 24 months or 12 months or whatever)

my maths is seeing that i am not much worse off in take home cash by doing this....in fact the more expensive car i get, the savings are greater due to the increased amount i am offsetting against corp tax (20% of cars initial value).
    Last edited by portseven; 14th May 2016 at 21:24.
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Double Godlike!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What about the 70k hole in your war chest?

キツネの帽子をかぶる

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is in trouble for dodgy emissions/performance data. They used an "illegal" one to do the tests, then calculated what they think the values should have been if it had been legal. Not sure if that will get much press in the UK
    0. Absolute Power corrupts absolutely. Moderator Power corrupts moderately.
    1. I have a low tolerance level for idiots.
    2. You have to earn my respect, demanding it won't work.

Still gathering requirements...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Well, the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is in trouble for dodgy emissions/performance data. They used an "illegal" one to do the tests, then calculated what they think the values should have been if it had been legal. Not sure if that will get much press in the UK
    Every time Mitsubishi try to run a positive story about this car on FB they get hundreds of responses from disgruntled buyers who say they are only getting 30mpg instead of the claimed 100+. I wouldn't want to run their corporate social media desk.

I see the same thing from EE, various insurance companies - people do see FB as a great way to moan and complain direct to the maker/seller/provider.

Super poster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by timbiller View Post
    Every time Mitsubishi try to run a positive story about this car on FB they get hundreds of responses from disgruntled buyers who say they are only getting 30mpg instead of the claimed 100+. I wouldn't want to run their corporate social media desk.

I see the same thing from EE, various insurance companies - people do see FB as a great way to moan and complain direct to the maker/seller/provider.
    Seriously? You mean people actually believe the figures Mitsubishi published? Taking one for a 20 or 30 mile test drive will show you the true fuel consumption. It's hard to believe anyone that dense would part with 30k+ on a car without looking into it properly. I'm astonished.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Seriously? You mean people actually believe the figures Mitsubishi published? Taking one for a 20 or 30 mile test drive will show you the true fuel consumption. It's hard to believe anyone that dense would part with 30k+ on a car without looking into it properly. I'm astonished.
    All that such people see is zero VED and high MPG available for <200 on a PCP.

More time posting than coding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    It does buts no fun. Now sitting there with a big V8 burbling and popping. Lovely.
    Just for you, mine was the blue one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccEccPZAr7A

And nope I am not buying a Tesla through My Co that is a bit too much but I quite fancy an Ionic but the future Bik on an already ott retail price is rather off putting.
    So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Yeah but if it doesn't make a lot of noise doing it doesn't count.
    +1

That is why I have a Ducati