• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Accountant for IT contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Chris and Alan for the replies. All fair points.

I suppose the onus is on me to sort it out. Either challenge InTouch to provide the service I would like, or find someone else. At the moment it feels like the latter option is more likely to be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by heracles View Post
      Kaych, I have had a similar experiences with InTouch. I joined them as a result of recommendations on this forum, but have been pretty underwhelmed.

I have a dedicated accountant, but get occasional random emails from someone else, with no introduction or explanation. And come to think of it I probably get more marketing material from InTouch than I do quality personal contact with my accountant. While those marketing emails might cover topical subjects (e.g. budget) they don't contain any info that is particular to my circumstances, and indeed they are more targeted to non-customers.

Also, over the time I have been with them InTouch's services seem to have become ever more "automated", and that leaves me less confident that whatever I upload into their portal is being scrutinised with any degree of rigour (if at all). Indeed, when I tick a box that says something like "I think this info is ok but contact me to check" I tend not to hear anything from them.

I know nothing about InTouch's history/business, or the wider contractor accountancy market, but I get the impression of business that is trying to grow, and reduce costs, but has arguably forgotten about meeting the needs of all its customers.
      I have to agree with the automated part. I've made a few minstakes in the portal (at the beginning of my contracting days) and it has not been picked up by my personal accountant but by someone else when I kicked up a fuss about another issue. I'm still torn between staying & going tbh but I can't say I'd recommend them

Comment

Accountants wot give Pensions Advice..

Can anyone recommend an accountant who can give advice re pensions as well.

Many thanks in advance ...

Comment

Originally posted by Saint998 View Post
          Can anyone recommend an accountant who can give advice re pensions as well.
          Most accountants unless they are also financial advisers wont usually give specific advice on pensions, as this is a regulated area. However most accountants tend to be able to recommend an IFA, if you want to have these discussions.

Instead, I would advice on how much you can put into a pension without any tax implications, maximising current and brought forward allowances, then what relief this will give either the company or you personally.

We're all ears!

Comment

Originally posted by Louisa@AardvarkAccounting View Post
            Instead, I would advice...
            I hope you would advise instead
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              I hope you would advise instead
              Let's hope my accounting is better than my English!
              We're all ears!

Comment

Working...
              X