• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Accountant for IT contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Is this like an accountant group hug?. Much prefer it when you all go handbags on each other TBH.
    Us Accountants can actually get along with each other

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremiah@RHJAccountants View Post
      Us Accountants can actually get along with each other
      Ah, that would explain why Daniel has just mailed me saying Jeremiah can't take on big clients because his abacus doesn't go up high enough.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
        Nearly +4'd this then I thought about it. I think the recommendation is a good start. By all means get an accountant that fits but without a recommendation it's going to be difficult to get the right fit.
        It depends on whether the recommendation is coming from the right place (i.e. current client of the accountant being referred, or purely someone after a nice referral fee/perk!).

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
        I would avoid any accountant recommended by your agency or recruiter.
        This.

Is this like an accountant group hug?. Much prefer it when you all go handbags on each other TBH.

Comment

Ah, that would explain why Daniel has just mailed me saying Jeremiah can't take on big clients because his abacus doesn't go up high enough.

ouch!! best get a new abacus

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
            I use Nixon Williams who are efficient but there's no portal to speak of.
            I thought they had an online portal called Vantage? Remember looking into it at one point.

Comment

Just for you Northernladuk

Comment

Nixon Williams by miles in my humble opinion.

In Touch couldn't get my accounts to balance and came out with a whole load of cobblers as to why. When I moved from them to NW they provided virtually no information to NW.

I've tried the other 'Big' 2 in the past and found them equally useless.

Maybe just the luck of the draw. Who knows?

Comment

Who says size doesn't matter. You don't want an accountant with a small abacus.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                    Who says size doesn't matter. You don't want an accountant with a small abacus.
                    Or a calculator that doesn't go to 9!

Comment

Originally posted by DanielGenieAccountancy View Post
                      Or a calculator that doesn't go to 9!
                      My calculator goes up to 11

Comment

Working...
                      X