• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Decision on IR35 - when?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    So you are wanting specific advice you want to hear.

Why not create a sockie. Post the advice. Then take it on board. Problem solved.
    No idea what a sockie is? Any clues?

Comment

Originally posted by blackstreet View Post
      No idea what a sockie is? Any clues?
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_(Internet)

Not that its really relevant. I gave an opinion. It might be wrong. Its what I would do myself. But its your decision.

I hope someone gives you the advice you are looking for.

Comment

BP was being sarcastic.

And since this isn't an approved organ of IPSE, I doubt you'll get any official response here. 'Join up and see the official response on our website' will be the unofficial official reply I would imagine.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          BP was being sarcastic.

And since this isn't an approved organ of IPSE, I doubt you'll get any official response here. 'Join up and see the official response on our website' will be the unofficial official reply I would imagine.
          True on the sockie post. But not on my original post(#2) about HMRC. Apologies for being sarcastic on the sockie post - but I felt the OP asked for opinions then decided to ignore it.

Comment

Im not trying to ignore the advice, but assuming this has no impact and is just HMRC noise doesn't appeal to my risk averse nature!

As stated, all im trying to understand is when does the recent consultation turn into a clear position, so we can start to make informed decisions. Surely it would be before the actual implementation on April 16 that we will get the actual impact. Isnt there a standard process that HMG follow when implementing change? I would have thought 3 months before implementation would be reasonable for the impacted areas to make the changes to adjust to the change.

Comment

Well it's under consultation, then it will undergo change, then they may announce it 3 days before it goes live.

So basically you are going to have to suck and see like the rest of us.

If you're that risk averse go permie now. Or be a bit brave and take a gamble business decision....
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Flipping eck - so we could get zero time to make any adjustments from announcement to implementation? Thats super harsh considering how much this could potentially impact our clients (HR systems and processes) let alone our own status.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Well it's under consultation, then it will undergo change, then they may announce it 3 days before it goes live.

So basically you are going to have to suck and see like the rest of us.

If you're that risk averse go permie now. Or be a bit brave and take a gamble business decision....
                  Personally, I would be looking at April 2017 for any implementation. Remember that things that used to be set up 4 weeks in advance (income tax levels) now have a 1 year lead time..
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Flipping eck - so we could get zero time to make any adjustments from announcement to implementation? Thats super harsh considering how much this could potentially impact our clients (HR systems and processes) let alone our own status.
                    The tax authorities are not above giving you a negative number for the notice period of changes.

Comment

I dont think its a choice to just ignore HMRC re IR35. Im not sure a lot of contractors recognise the seriousness of the changes being proposed and how fundamentally it changes the model we work in.

I really am not a fan of going permy - for a multitude of reasons, but id like to know when we will get clarity on the scope of the ir35 changes so i can make an informed decision. Any clues?
                      I currently work at a client site with about 50 other contractors. Id say four fifths of them either dont comprehend IR35 or think they are well outside it. One even said to me they had 'opted out of IR35'!

With such naivety, one can only be astounded at some people's view of their status.
                      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                      X