• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

short contract for current permy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short contract for current permy

Ive not contracted since 2002 and have been working as a permy since then. last month i applied for another permy job but rather than offer me a fulltime job, i was offered a consultancy contract at a sh1te rate. i walked away but this week they came back agreeing to pay the rate i suggested.

They want just half a day per week, which i will fit around my curreny permy hours. My problem is how best to handle tax/hmrc. Brollies appear to charge a weekly rate of around £20 which equates to almost as much as the tax bill... so do i just pocket the lot and simply declare it as income on a self assesment return... or does anyone have a better suggestion. Its only worth £175/week gross.

Originally posted by crates View Post
    so do i just pocket the lot and simply declare it as income on a self assesment return...
    For half a day a week, I'd go with this.

Comment

Working...
    X