• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brolly claims to have Special Arrangement with HMRC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    Utter tosh.

HMRC does not do "special dispensation".

Ask them to prove it by showing you a signed letter from HMRC that is not a forgery.
    To clarify - HMRC do issue dispensations to umbrella companies and there will be an accompanying letter. What they do not do is issue 'special' dispensations which allow you to claim expenses over and above those permitted by HMRC
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

I have dispensation for BrilloBrolly. You keep 99pct. It is QC backed.

Just post your account details and I will get you started.

Comment

There is no dispensation with HMRC.

Hello and good day.

I am not an employee of HMRC and have never worked there. I am the European sales manager for a contractor management company based in the UK, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Italy and Luxembourg. I've also previously been practice manager for a firm of tax refund accountants.
        HMRC provide rules and examples of those rules on their website. They are easily found on the HMRC website and make common sense. personally I would be wary of any 'brolly' company declaring they have a special relationship with HMRC. The best relationship to have with HMRC is a compliant one! You are allowed when working in the UK, mileage and subsistence when working as temporary contractor , your accountant can advise these allowances, and you can obtain them from HMRC. My day job involves the tax and compliance affairs of UK and European contractors and the importance of ensuring my clients (contractors, agencies and employing clients) are correct and compliant so that everyone has peace of mind.. What I am observing are more investigations by HMRC involving contractors working in the UK and Europe and shortfalls or non payment are quickly demanded. If you are in doubt about anything you read about dispensations, high retention rates and special relationships with HMRC, then get a second opinion.

Originally posted by Its An Interesting Thing View Post
        I'm looking for an umbrella comapny to use for an upcoming contract.

During my enquiries, I found one that claimed to have special dispensation from HMRC under which clients can claim £30 per night subsistence for an overnight stay rather than the normal £5.

I'm alittle suspicious of this. Supposing there were an investigation and I was told that this set up was invalid. Who would be left carrying the can? My co. or the brolly? I'm assuming that I'd get details confirming the set up from the brolly in writing so I'd have something to use in my defence.

Comment

Working...
        X