• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Limited Company - first year end

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what a contractor accountant costs, you'll save more with what they can get you back through paying the correct money at the correct time.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

2. Complete all PAYE requirements for tax year 14/15 as an employer (I'm actually due money from HRMC so I think I can claim this and record it as income for 14/15 year?)

You're aware that under RTI yiu need to dealing with PAYE returns on a monthly basis?

Comment

Originally posted by captain View Post
        I'm trying to put together a task/checklist of all the things that I need to do.
        1. Get an accountant.

At least for the first year.

You'll probably end up paying them as much as you would have paid if you'd had them all year, so really you might as well have had them all year.

Comment

Originally posted by syrio View Post
          1. Get an accountant.

At least for the first year.

You'll probably end up paying them as much as you would have paid if you'd had them all year, so really you might as well have had them all year.
          Indeed. They'll also advise of any approrpiate things that you can claim for that you aren't currently aware of as well as reviewing goverment budgets to see if you need to change your balance between salary and dividends, review expenses, etc.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
            2. Complete all PAYE requirements for tax year 14/15 as an employer (I'm actually due money from HRMC so I think I can claim this and record it as income for 14/15 year?)

You're aware that under RTI yiu need to dealing with PAYE returns on a monthly basis?
            Yeah, I've been submitting my monthly salary on RTI through HMRC's online tool. However at the end of tax year 14/15 it shows I am owed money from them. I'll need to check how this is claimed back or maybe just carried forward to the next tax year

Comment

Yeah, I've been submitting my monthly salary on RTI through HMRC's online tool. However at the end of tax year 14/15 it shows I am owed money from them. I'll need to check how this is claimed back or maybe just carried forward to the next tax year
              You could just ask your accountant or he might have dealt with this so it never occurred. Simples.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

For a more comprehensive and correct reply to the OP's questions, wouldn't he be better posting to an accountants forum, rather than to a forum of people that use accountants?

Sounds like the OP doesn't want to use or pay for an accountant but wants free advice from one.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  For a more comprehensive and correct reply to the OP's questions, wouldn't he be better posting to an accountants forum, rather than to a forum of people that use accountants?

Sounds like the OP doesn't want to use or pay for an accountant but wants free advice from one.
                  Which, in all probability, will be worth exactly what he paid for it....
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Specially registered because of this thread. Too many zombies for me

Correcting payroll errors
                      https://www.gov.uk/payroll-errors/co...yments-to-hmrc

Your limited company's first accounts and Company Tax Return
                      https://www.gov.uk/first-company-accounts-and-return

Running a limited company
                      https://www.gov.uk/running-a-limited-company

Corporation Tax: commercial software suppliers
                      https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ware-suppliers

Accounts and tax returns for private limited companies
                      https://www.gov.uk/prepare-file-annu...nnual-accounts

I am with you, Captain However the advise to get an accountant for the first year does makes sense.

Just maybe you need a proper bookkeeping and accounts production software to help you on the first place and then if needed a professional accountant who uses the same software.

You might find "check and file" service for £99 for FreeAgent software. It might be a compromise between full accounting servicing and full independence.

But again, the vast majority of LTD contractors do need full professional accounting services and it fits them well. Psychologically at least
                      Last edited by FK1; 8 August 2015, 15:59. Reason: grammatic

Comment

Working...
                      X