• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC VAT registration service/additional info and finance questionnaire.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would appreciated if someone could shed some light on the following:

I recently applied for VAT and the flat rate scheme and I have received a letter from HMRC asking me for further information. They are asking that they note that I have given my home address as the address of my principal place of business and to confirm if I actually trade from home and if yes how I operate my business from home. If I do not trade from home to give the full address of where my day to day activities of my business take place. Sorry if its a silly question but what are they looking for here? I obviously put down my home address as my trading address and principal place of business as Im not going to put the clients address down.

They also have asked me to fill out a finance questionnaire and to refer to VAT Notice 701/49. Questions include:

1. Please give FULL details of your main business activity and describe the products or services you are supplying or intend to supply.
    2. What supplies of goods and/or services are you making, or intending to make which you believe to be taxable for VAT purposes.
    3. Are you making a taxable supply of an `advice only` service?

and many more...don't really understand the purpose of the finance questionnaire. Before anyone asks yes I will ask my accountant once he returns from holiday but in the mean time....any ideas?

Also as I submitted VAT application through my accountant do the additional information forms need to be sent back through my accountant or can they go to HMRC directly?

They are cracking down on full-time EBay and Etsy sellers, your home address flagged further investigation. Everyone is going to be asked this from now on.

Alert your accountant and send the response via him, he is your agent and will deal with it.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X