• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another (possibly silly) IR35 question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another (possibly silly) IR35 question

Hi guys,

Just a quick question regarding IR35.

I am working with a client as a software developer contractor (Limited company director). My contract is with a recruitment agency. Recently the client asked me to do some additional work in same field, for which the client is going to do a separate contract with my limited company (recruitment agency is aware and are happy with it). The client is going to pay directly into my business account

My question is, does this kind of arrangement alone can help me in keeping me outside of IR35?

Many thanks

Why would it? IR35 is assessed on a per contract basis.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

No. In contrast, working on tasks that are outside of the scope of all existing contracts with a given client would be a negative pointer towards D&C.

Comment

IR35 is about contract and working practices. Not who you are contracted to and how you get paid. Nothing 'alone' is going to keep you outside IR35 to the extent you can forget everything else. There is no silver bullet unless you are truly working as a small business.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          IR35 is about contract and working practices. Not who you are contracted to and how you get paid. Nothing 'alone' is going to keep you outside IR35 to the extent you can forget everything else. There is no silver bullet unless you are truly working as a small business.

Thanks for you reply.

I asked this question because my understanding for IR35 is that, if you are not treated as an employee by your client than you are out of IR35? A company (client) will never do a separate contract with their employees for a piece of work. Will they?

Comment

Originally posted by computerguru View Post
            Thanks for you reply.

I asked this question because my understanding for IR35 is that, if you are not treated as an employee by your client than you are out of IR35? A company (client) will never do a separate contract with their employees for a piece of work. Will they?
            Without wishing to be too dismissive, it's worth doing some reading yourself (see the guides here and over at IPSE, for example). As Mal said, it's applied separately to each contract. So, by definition, having multiple contracts for separate pieces of work is irrelevant (while working on projects that are outside of the scope of all contracts with a given client is not).

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              Without wishing to be too dismissive, it's worth doing some reading yourself (see the guides here and over at IPSE, for example). As Mal said, it's applied separately to each contract. So, by definition, having multiple contracts for separate pieces of work is irrelevant (while working on projects that are outside of the scope of all contracts with a given client is not).
              It is entirely feasible you could be "inside" on one of the contracts and "outside" of the other, although I assume as the contacts will be worded similar it will no likely increase or decrease your chances than you are now already as others will point out its more about working practices than contract working.
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
              X