• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nixon Williams Response to Summer Budget 2015

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nixon Williams Response to Summer Budget 2015

Travel and Subsistence - Relief will be restricted for employees that are supervised, directed and controlled
    I thought this was subject to consultation?

Is that disclaimer elsewhere in the document? Have you asked them about it?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Prepare for the worse hope for the best?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Is that disclaimer elsewhere in the document? Have you asked them about it?
        Not that I can see.

I'm sure somebody from NW will be along shortly.
        Last edited by Gumbo Robot; 14 July 2015, 10:55.

Comment

Emaild them about that one earlier, not had a reply yet though.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
            The consultation took place between 11:00 and 11:01 last week. Did you miss it?

Someone did argue against it - but they were shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
              Yes, it is subject to consultation. The consultation document is available from the H M Treasury's website.
              "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                Yes, it is subject to consultation. The consultation document is available from the H M Treasury's website.
                And its clear that they either didn't read it or comprehend the impact of the cases quoted...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The wording on our update is indeed incorrect in respect to T&S relief – this is simply a proposal and is subject to consultation.

Apologies for any confusion that this has caused.

Comment

The consultation document also says "supervision, direction, OR control", not "and", there's a big difference and it's important that our accountants get it right.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...n_Document.pdf

Comment

Working...
                    X