• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

citation of a residential address to establish PLC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

citation of a residential address to establish PLC

HI all,

I am new to these forums, and thus far have been a beneficiary of the overwhelming knowledge base which you, as a community, have established.

To better articulate my thread title, my girlfriend and I are moving to the UK in just over a week. It is our hope to eventually find interesting IT consulting / contracting engagements. We fully appreciate that this may take some time.

One thing I wish to ask forum members.....as it is our intention to establish a PLC, I believe we must be able to cite is a physical address. As we will be living out of temporary accommodation, we cannot really provide such.

I have noted advice elsewhere on this site to the effect that "Your registered address can be any 'physical address', i.e. your trading address or accountant's, so long as it's practical for receiving official correspondence."...and so what I hope to clarify is, have others done this, or is it seen by an accountant as an unreasonable impost, and hence 'not the done thing'.
    Last edited by unpresidented; 3 July 2015, 15:19.

Originally posted by unpresidented View Post
    HI all,

I am new to these forums, and thus far have been a beneficiary of the overwhelming knowledge base which you, as a community, have established.

To better articulate my thread title, my girlfriend and I are moving to the UK in just over a week. It is our hope to eventually find interesting IT consulting / contracting engagements. We fully appreciate that this may take some time.

One thing I wish to ask forum members.....as it is our intention to establish a PLC, I believe we must be able to cite is a physical address. As we will be living out of temporary accommodation, we cannot really provide such.

I have noted advice elsewhere on this site to the effect that "Your registered address can be any 'physical address', i.e. your trading address or accountant's, so long as it's practical for receiving official correspondence."...and so what I hope to clarify is, have others done this, or is it seen by an accountant as an unreasonable impost, and hence 'not the done thing'.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy
    Hi unpresidented

When you state 'PLC' I'm assuming you actually mean a Private Limited Company rather that a Public Limited Company to which PLC normally refers as a PLC is a public company, listed on a stock exchange with minimum amounts of share capital (usually £50,000).

This being the case the Companies Registered office can be any address in the UK with a lot of companies using either their accountants address as registered office (we offer this as a free service to clients) or a 'virtual' address that many company formation agents offer for a fee.

Good luck with your searches for contracts!

Martin
    Contratax Ltd

P.S I wouldn't use your real name on the forum.

Comment

One thing you need to ensure is that you have a trading address, so company bank statements and various bits of HMRC paper can be sent to you.

I know people who have had issues with their mailing forward services, so make sure you can personally go there to pick up mail if it isn't where you live.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
      X