• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Milage repayment query

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    How is that any different from paying yourself (by debit card) and losing the receipts? You still have personal bank statements as evidence.
    Which bank statements would you rather share with Hector - Yours or YourCo's ?

Comment

thanks for all the response

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
        Which bank statements would you rather share with Hector - Yours or YourCo's ?
        I'd prefer to just produce receipts.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
          I'd prefer to just produce receipts.
          True, far the simplest way is to keep receipts or the ticket which displays the price paid. You can scan them if you don't want to retain the physical paper.

I do all my expenses as personal payments then reclaimed from MyCo Ltd on a monthly expenses sheet, it's not complicated. I suppose if I was buying a season ticket I might use my company debit card, but that would be an exception.
          Whatever works best for you, as long as it's simple and clear.

Comment

I've always paid personally then reclaimed expenses, that way Airmiles and other loyalty scheme points are mine rather than MyCo's...

Comment

Working...
            X