• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Incorect payments.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorect payments.

After switching from Umbrella to LTD the agency mistakenly paid the umbrella and Umbrella paid me PAYE.

The umbrella are claiming that there is nothing they can do about it and wont accept the money back. Should i insist the payment goes back up the chain and then correctly made by the agency to my ltd account.

Your starting point is your agency, specifically (a) was the contract with them properly varied and (b) did you give them new bank details.

From there, the answer flows.

Comment

Does one extra payment really matter?

Comment

Does the payment refer to when you worked under the brolly rather than the Ltd, IE in arrears so this should be a brolly payment anyway?
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica@WhiteFieldTax View Post
          Your starting point is your agency, specifically (a) was the contract with them properly varied and (b) did you give them new bank details.

From there, the answer flows.
          They issued a new contract with my ltd when i switched but I hadnt given them the new bank details nor had i invoiced them.

The problem turned out to be their time sheeting system automatically generating an invoice that they paid to the umbrella in error.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Does the payment refer to when you worked under the brolly rather than the Ltd, IE in arrears so this should be a brolly payment anyway?
            No, i had switched to LTD and had a new contract with the agency to reflect this.

Comment

Originally posted by bugail View Post
              No, i had switched to LTD and had a new contract with the agency to reflect this.
              What I was getting at, is could this payment be from time worked under the old contract, that is being paid in arrears
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                What I was getting at, is could this payment be from time worked under the old contract, that is being paid in arrears
                The origin of the money is known, it was an error by the agency. They paid the umbrella instead of my ltd company and the umbrella just paid me PAYE despite our agreement being terminated. I want to return the money to the umbrella, the umbrella to return it to the agency and update HMRC so that the agency can pay me correctly but the umbrella are refusing to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Does one extra payment really matter?
                  This.

If it impacts the company cash flow, then loan the company the money to cover the cash flow problem. If not, then it doesn't seem the end of the world to me.

If you're moving from an umbrella to a limited company, is this not a Friday to Monday situation that's going to be IR35 caught anyway? You're doing the same job you were doing for your employer after all.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

If you're moving from an umbrella to a limited company, is this not a Friday to Monday situation that's going to be IR35 caught anyway? You're doing the same job you were doing for your employer after all.
                    This. Have you established that your working practices put you outside IR35 and that your contract reflects that? If not then you'll be inside IR35 and the vast majority of your income will be taxable through PAYE anyway.
                    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
                    X