• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virtual office needed...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual office needed...

Hi guys,

I've been looking for a virtual office for a while now (one in Birmingham)...I'm hesitant to put my own address because I'm worried it may look unprofessional. What I need is mail handling/forwarding & a professional address. I've come across a company that does this for £30 per month. This seems relatively cheap to me...I mean I saw one for £50 per annum but I feel like that price is way too low to be 100% legitimate. And I guess you also pay for what you get.

I could also get a business phone number, but I don't think I need one at this moment in time...What are your thoughts? Any other services people recommend?

Cheers,

Originally posted by ammaar89 View Post
    Hi guys,

I've been looking for a virtual office for a while now (one in Birmingham)...I'm hesitant to put my own address because I'm worried it may look unprofessional. What I need is mail handling/forwarding & a professional address. I've come across a company that does this for £30 per month. This seems relatively cheap to me...I mean I saw one for £50 per annum but I feel like that price is way too low to be 100% legitimate. And I guess you also pay for what you get.

I could also get a business phone number, but I don't think I need one at this moment in time...What are your thoughts? Any other services people recommend?

Cheers,
    Maybe a bit expensive but whenever I have needed this solution Regus have always delivered.

Comment

i2office.co.uk. A bit expensive but does what you need. From memory around £40pcm.

Comment

there's nothing wrong with using your home address as an office address for administration or client work. none of my customers have ever baulked at a home office setup nor questioned my companies professionalism. occasionally i need to meet prospective clients or agents and when that happens i meet either at their office or at a central location.

as director i questioned the cost to the company against the benefit and decided it wasn't in the companies interest to spend that kind of money.

Comment

If you are that bothered about appearances add a line to the beginning of your home address. Something like:

YourCompany House
          123 Street
          Bigtown
          AB1 2CD

The postie will deliver it as it has a number and postcode. You can call your 'premises' whatever you like.

Frankly I see no real benefit in paying even £30p/m for a different address.

Comment

Originally posted by ammaar89 View Post
            Hi guys,

Cheers,

Few recommendations:
            1. Regus is pretty good with virtual office but pricy
            2. If you need to a land phone number - you can use telefonic or Vonage
            3. Registered address - you can buy for £100 per annum or just use yours (using yours does mean dealing with huge amount of junk mail )

Comment

Working...
            X