• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changing accountants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing accountants

Anyone use or can recommend one of these:-

Champion Contractors
    Broome Affinity
    Nixon Williams

NW yes... looked after me pretty well. No view on t'others

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-requests.html

Comment

Nixon Williams service has been excellent in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie Simon View Post
          Anyone use or can recommend one of these:-

Champion Contractors
          Broome Affinity
          Nixon Williams
          First work out what you are looking for and then find an accountant which matches your need.

Some of the questions you should ask yourself:

Do I understand the compliance around IR35/MSC and the consequences?
          Should I go Limited or Umbrella?
          Do I want to build a relationship with my accountant?
          Do I want my accountant to educate me about my responsibilities as a Director?
          Do I want an expert?
          Do I want a local accountant?
          Do I have time to take on more responsibility with my records?
          Do I want my bookkeeping software online and user friendly?
          Am I a spreadsheet person?
          What level of fees do I want to pay?

Hope this helps

Comment

Nixon Williams for me
            "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Can't comment on the other 2 but Broome affinity are fantastic. [emoji3]

For balance though Nixon Williams are very well quoted and I've never heard a bad word in earnest about them.

Champion, I don't know very well but I do know that they are the preferred supplier of one of the larger o&g agencies. Whether that makes them good or bad I don't know.

Comment

No connection to NW, but I am impressed by the way they come on here and answer questions - clearly and patiently, and repeating if necessary. I have found their posts on here more useful than my own accountants.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielGenieAccountancy View Post
                  First work out what you are looking for and then find an accountant which matches your need.

Some of the questions you should ask yourself:

Do I understand the compliance around IR35/MSC and the consequences?
                  Should I go Limited or Umbrella?
                  Do I want to build a relationship with my accountant?
                  Do I want my accountant to educate me about my responsibilities as a Director?
                  Do I want an expert?
                  Do I want a local accountant?
                  Do I have time to take on more responsibility with my records?
                  Do I want my bookkeeping software online and user friendly?
                  Am I a spreadsheet person?
                  What level of fees do I want to pay?

Hope this helps
                  One more question to add,
                  Do I want an accountants from a professional body(CIMA, ACCA, ACA, AAT etc) ? (certain mortgage providers and UKBA only accepts references from Accountants who are from professional bodies)

Comment

Working...
                  X