• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear someone's in trouble..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear someone's in trouble..

BBC uncovers 'aggressive' tax avoidance scheme - BBC News BBC accusing Anderson Group of 'aggressive tax avoidance'
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    BBC uncovers 'aggressive' tax avoidance scheme - BBC News BBC accusing Anderson Group of 'aggressive tax avoidance'
    I'm not exactly sure what else you could call splitting a company from a single company with 300 employees into 150 separate companies each with 2 employees managed by someone else working via a different company....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      I'm not exactly sure what else you could call splitting a company from a single company with 300 employees into 150 separate companies each with 2 employees managed by someone else working via a different company....
      Indeed
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Taking the piss?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It's one of a few reasons why IMO having special rules for small companies doesn't work. Just have the same rules for big and small guys.

Comment

''Let's be straight, but they set the rules, we'll build a product."
            I've said a couple of times and I know it just won't work but this statement alone is what they should be clamping down on. There is an underlying reason the rules were brought in so there should be some kind of legislation against going against this reason or the spirit to deter people just trying to pick holes and subvert the reason. It should be pretty clear what products are genuine and which are just avoidance vehicles and the action to deal with it should be at hand.

If people that create the schemes can be caught or deterred it wouldn't filter down in to use and be a problem. That thread about the company dissolving itself after passing property to associated company so avoiding all sorts of taxes. It's just a play on words etc.

Saying that I guess if someone did come up with some legislation to attach this approach someone would find a loophole

I'll wake up and be at one with reality in moment.......
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It always brings a smile on my face when Margaret Hodge condemns tax avoiders playing the system when her family's business has done it in the past to avoid £millions in tax.

Comment

Depressingly, the govt is in bed with the banks, large consultancies and the big 4 accountancy forms. Tax "evoidance" like this isn't going anywhere. It is a major British industry, and a product we export to the world.

Comment

Not really any worse that all the one man band contractors claiming the same allowance - that is if you prescribe to the "intention of the law" rather than the rule of the law. If the intention is to encourage companies to take on new staff then all the one man band contractor ltds claiming it are doing so outside of that intention.

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan View Post
                    Not really any worse that all the one man band contractors claiming the same allowance - that is if you prescribe to the "intention of the law" rather than the rule of the law. If the intention is to encourage companies to take on new staff then all the one man band contractor ltds claiming it are doing so outside of that intention.
                    I'd disagree with that.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X