• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Invoice payment receipt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invoice payment receipt

Hi All

I have a customer that has asked for a receipt for invoices that have been paid. Most of templates that I can see online are for cash payments rather than direct bank payments. Do any of you issue receipts for paid invoices? If so do you use a template or would a simple email like the below be enough?

Dear xxxxxxxx

Thank you for payment of the below invoice.

Invoice Number: xxxxxxx
    Invoice Date: xx/xx/xxxx
    Invoice total: £xxxxx

Payment Received: £xxxxx
    Payment Date: xx/xx/xxxx
    Balance to pay: £xxxxx

Kind Regards

xxxxxxxxxx

Originally posted by njkingston View Post
    Hi All

I have a customer that has asked for a receipt for invoices that have been paid. Most of templates that I can see online are for cash payments rather than direct bank payments. Do any of you issue receipts for paid invoices? If so do you use a template or would a simple email like the below be enough?

Dear xxxxxxxx

Kind Regards

xxxxxxxxxx
    Never heard of it before.

Why would anyone except your customer know what is acceptable to them? Have you asked them?

The example you propose looks suspiciously like a statement of account. Do you have an accounts package that can produce these monthly? That would be the best bet. If not you will have to make it up and I guess an email would be as good as anything.

Comment

Hi All

Dear xxxxxxxx

Kind Regards

xxxxxxxxxx
      Only for cash sales.

But if they want it, then what you have suggested looks fine to me.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Take a look at Zoho invoicing. I had been working with spreadsheets until I discovered it - and its free for the basic package which does everything you are likely to need + it has a mobile app

https://invoice.zoho.com/app

Comment

Hi All

Dear xxxxxxxx

Kind Regards

xxxxxxxxxx
          I don't see a need for anything complicated. The table you suggested should be perfectly acceptable.

Comment

Working...
          X