• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency asking for NI number "for the new legislation as from 01/04/15"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency asking for NI number "for the new legislation as from 01/04/15"

Just had a note from my agency with remittance advice for March - at the end of the email it says

"Can you also please send me your NI number? I need this for the new legislation as from 01/04/15."

Benn with this one since June last year

Any idea what this would be referring to? Call me paranoid but I'm concerned about anything like this as NI number implies some kind of employee relationship rather than B2B which is I believe the relationship my Ltd should have with an agency?

There have been a few threads on this already quite recently. Better to use the search function than to ask people to comment again.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
      There have been a few threads on this already quite recently. Better to use the search function than to ask people to comment again.
      well a search of the forum with "NI Number" presents a lot of unrelated posts, one from 2012 and one from march where an equally unhelpful person says - "this has been discussed to death" before others actually join in the debate .....

I usually have a quick look but steer clear of the "search" function on the forum as its not particularly good or relevant

Thanks for the helpful advice though.......

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...il-lorien.html

Usually NLUK does the searching for you, but as he is clearly busy..

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
          http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...il-lorien.html

Usually NLUK does the searching for you, but as he is clearly busy..
          Thanks - I thought NLUK was actually an angry search bot

Comment

Originally posted by TechJinx View Post
            Thanks - I thought NLUK was actually an angry search bot
            He is, must be offline right now

Comment

The NLUKbot suggests you use the search facility.

NLUKbot Search Engine
              Last edited by NLUKbot; 9 April 2015, 12:42.
              The NLUKbot - using 16k to defeat bio-NLUK

Comment

Look in the FAQ section. There is a sticky on how to search properly using google and the Site: option. Unfortunately there are no guides to help with your inability to use clear and concise search terms.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I typed in google: "ni number new legislation" (lifted straight from you question)

and the 5th result down is this:

Why are agencies requesting National Insurance (NI ...
                  Contractor Calculator - Your Expert Guide to Contracting. For UK Contractors, Freelancers, and Consultants › Articles › Contractor Doctor Q+A
                  23 Mar 2015 - ... to provide personal information such as NI numbers must do so, as it is ... of the new rules to drum up new business: “Some service providers ...
                  And when you click on it it explains it all and gives you enough info to know what to search for if you need further details.

It's called Google.
                  If you struggle using the mouse, try holding it with both hands like my mum.
                  The keyboard is just like a typewriter.

Good luck.

Comment

If that doesn't work use the search term "ITEPA 2014".

Comment

Working...
                    X