• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Closed BT business line. Final Bill WTF!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Separate Business

BT Business and BT Residential are to all intents and purposes separate businesses.
    Like many organisations these divisions don't talk to each other and certainly don't consider themselves to be just 'BT'.
    Plus they're both tricky f*&#ers to deal with.
    Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
    http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

UPDATE!

I've just been on the phone to BT and explained the situation and they have waved the £640.81 Final Bill
      I just had to prove I was still a BT customer by giving them my new Residential account number which matched my phone number.

Milky Bars are on Me!

Comment

Well done - good result!
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Next time, read the blood contract!

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
            I was paying nearly £70 pm for a BT business line
            I'm paying that for BT residential with fibre. You may not save as much as you think you will, nevermind the £640 bill !

EDIT: oh I see they've "waved" that bill

Comment

They did this when I moved into a serviced office so didn't need them anymore. What was annoying was that I had taken out their business line 3 years ago. However, when I moved home, they started the contract anew, something I wasn't aware of. I thought that was a bit underhand.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                I'm paying that for BT residential with fibre. You may not save as much as you think you will, nevermind the £640 bill !

EDIT: oh I see they've "waved" that bill
                I wish I could get fibre. Maybe if I "waved" my bill at BT Business they would install it?
                Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
                http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
                  I was paying nearly £70 pm for a BT business line and broardband and decided to go back to a standard residential package still with BT as It was cheeper.
                  Well i've just had a bill for £640.81 !

When I was doing the switch I was never told this would happen!
                  Help!
                  Tell them you are switching to another provider totally that might help lower it, but you should have read the contract or clarified this before hand.

Comment

There's reading the contract, and there's BT warning you this will happen.

Can you switch back and stay with the old service until it makes sense to switch - cooling off periods, etc?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X