• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE Futures email

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    What do you mean by

'The PCG is a kickback merry-go-round'
    Well, assuming you disagree, tell me why the insurance etc offerings of the PCG are so uniformly overpriced cf the market price for similar offerings ? As evinced by several recent posting on these forums.

Boo

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
      Of course it never happened. And of course the PCG never sent round a questionaire, at huge expense, asking members' opinions on outsourcing the members' directory (can you spell iProfile ?). And of course the returns from those questionaires were not uniformly hostile (surprise !). And of course a member of the CC was not, basically, asked to wipe the anticipatory drool off his face and go and cool off somewhere whilst the egg dried.

But as you say, Malvolio, "Has never happened". Or something.

Boo
      Seriously I have no idea what you're on about. Nor do I care. Your kickback comment makes zero sense. The iProfiles debate - such as it was, with one or two deluded members thinking they could make it work for contractors which was impossible - was years ago anyway.

Still, if it makes you happy to whinge, do carry on.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        The iProfiles debate - such as it was, with one or two deluded members thinking they could make it work for contractors which was impossible - was years ago anyway.
        Of course you are right. "One or two deluded members" can always get a blanket mailout to all the members of the PCG at the drop of a hat. 'Course they can, silly of me to think otherwise. Hahahaha!
        ...Your kickback comment makes zero sense....
        So your understanding of the motivation of "one or two deluded members" of the PCG to sell the book to iProfiles is whe, exactly ? Philanthropy ? The ensuing tulipestorm on the forums of the PCG belies that interpretation as did the ready availability of central funds to support that preposterous misuse of time and funds.
        Still, if it makes you happy to whinge, do carry on.
        On these forums you cannot ban people for criticising the PCG CC and board as you routinely do on the PCG forums, so you resort to insults instead. And then wonder why the PCG is held in such wide disrepute amongst contractors...

Boo

Comment

On these forums you cannot ban people for criticising the PCG CC and board as you routinely do on the PCG forums, so you resort to insults instead.
          Boo
          Citation required - I am not aware of any such bannings.
          World's Best Martini

Comment

On these forums you cannot ban people for criticising the PCG CC and board as you routinely do on the PCG forums, so you resort to insults instead.
            Are you an IPSE member?

Over the past several months (pretty much since the rename), I've seen lots of criticism of the CC and the board on the forums, but no bans yet.

Maybe it happened more in the past, I don't know, There are certainly some robust discussion of the CC and the board over there, though.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Are you an IPSE member?

Over the past several months (pretty much since the rename), I've seen lots of criticism of the CC and the board on the forums, but no bans yet.

Maybe it happened more in the past, I don't know, There are certainly some robust discussion of the CC and the board over there, though.
              I'm with V8 on this. Nobody ever got banned for criticising or disagreeing with the management (I wouldn't still be there if that were the case, several times over), only for clear breaches of the published Ts&Cs after due process, so it would be good to know the source of your assertion that they have.

And I followed the iProfiles issue very closely and still have no idea what you are on about.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Well, assuming you disagree, tell me why the insurance etc offerings of the PCG are so uniformly overpriced cf the market price for similar offerings ? As evinced by several recent posting on these forums.

Boo
                You have nothing but hot air then

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
                  You have nothing but hot air then
                  PKB. Your explanation please :

Boo

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
                    Citation required - I am not aware of any such bannings.
                    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Are you an IPSE member?

I'm with V8 on this. Nobody ever got banned for criticising or disagreeing with the management.
                    Tulipe. There are many, many cases of people being banned from the PCG forums merely for being critical of CC or Board members. It is rather a long time since I frequented those forums so I have no specific names to share. But it is still, AFAIK, a banning offence under the t&c's of the PCG forum to make a criticism of a CC or Board member.

In fact, I remember one individual who lapsed his membership then rejoined under the PCG preferred Umbrella (forget their name for now) and was immediately rebanned on his first post to those forums.

Boo

Comment

Tulipe. There are many, many cases of people being banned from the PCG forums merely for being critical of CC or Board members. It is rather a long time since I frequented those forums so I have no specific names to share. But it is still, AFAIK, a banning offence under the t&c's of the PCG forum to make a criticism of a CC or Board member.

Boo
                      Sorry, but that is a total lie. There are a very small number of people who have been banned, and the bannings have been entirely justified after a long period of disruption and inappropriate behaviour. I'll check, but its 2 or 3 max. I know you don't have any love for IPSE, but this removes any credibility that you may have had.

You're not a Mr B Curnow are you?
                      World's Best Martini

Comment

Working...
                      X