• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Mortgages - What are they like...any good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Mortgages - What are they like...any good?

I have made an enquiry to the Contractor Mortgages Made Easy website

Has anyone used them? What are they like? Do they offer sound advice? What are the pros and cons of using them over
    a normal mortgage broker?

Are they much more expensive than normal mortgage lenders?
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 18 March 2015, 16:12. Reason: URL removed

I'm currently going through Freelance Financials.
    You pay a fee but they know their stuff and can get you the best deal with just a contract that shows your day rate.

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
      I'm currently going through Freelance Financials.
      You pay a fee but they know their stuff and can get you the best deal with just a contract that shows your day rate.
      Thanks for that...what was the application process like?

Did you have to provide a lot of information? and also how long have you been trading?

Comment

Give them a call, they can answer all your questions.
        Last edited by Contractor UK; 18 March 2015, 16:12. Reason: URL Removed

Comment

cheers they are based in Hatch end...near where my mum lives in Harrow..handy

Im also interested in anyone who has used Contractor Mortgages..
          Last edited by Contractor UK; 18 March 2015, 16:13.

Comment

I've linked a search below for their name being mentioned in the forums... Some of them are very old so not really of any value but have a dig through and see if there is some fairly recent feedback...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mo...ntractoruk.com

FYI I had a couple of mortgages done by Freelancer and would go back again...
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm currently going through an application with Contractor Mortgages. I also spoke to Freelancer, but I found CM had the slightly better rate. There wasn't a lot in it, but there were also no fees.

All very good, so far.
              Last edited by JRCT; 18 March 2015, 16:07.

Comment

We used contractor mortgages last year and they were fantastic. Got us a good mortgage with Halifax and with complicated circumstances (3 people on the mortgage, one of whom is self-employed so had to supply company accounts etc.)

I would definitely recommend them.

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
                  I'm currently going through an application with Contractor Mortgages. I also spoke to Freelancer, but I found CM had the slightly better rate. There wasn't a lot in it, but there were also no fees.

All very good, so far.
                  Hi JRCT, when you say there were no fees, do you mean no fees charged by the lender or no fees charged by Contractor Mortgages Made Easy?

I was of the opinion that they (Contractor Mortgages Made Easy) charged an upfront £899 fee for dealing with mortgages?

Comment

Originally posted by Power Mortgages Ltd View Post
                    I was of the opinion that they (Contractor Mortgages Made Easy) charged an upfront £899 fee for dealing with mortgages?
                    FWIW last year (May 2014) when they did our mortgage application we didn't have to pay a penny. The Halifax paperwork did mention that they were getting a commission (I think it even included the amount, £499 IIRC) but we didn't have to pay any fees at all.

Might have changed now but that was our experience.

Comment

Working...
                    X