• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    Thanks.

PS. we've now had 19 new members join NTRT this week.

We're on a roll.

I've managed three and I'm approaching a lot more. If we all approach as many people as we can think of I'm sure we can really bump that number up!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fireship View Post
      I've managed three and I'm approaching a lot more. If we all approach as many people as we can think of I'm sure we can really bump that number up!!
      Outstanding.

If anyone still has reservations about joining NTRT, I'm happy to answer any questions.

Just email me at donkeyrhubarb AT rocketmail.com

Comment

HMRC have admitted settling with him (they could hardly deny it) but claimed his circumstances were special and unique. However, there is nothing unusual about his circumstances. He was just a contractor like the rest of us.
        Nice work team, and fair play to George for coming forward. Will (hopefully) need to buy him a pint at the end of all of this.
        http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MMSguru View Post
          Nice work team, and fair play to George for coming forward. Will (hopefully) need to buy him a pint at the end of all of this.
          Well if it all goes in our favour I'm declaring a party for all members is required. George can be carried shoulder high all evening.

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
            Well if it all goes in our favour I'm declaring a party for all members is required. George can be carried shoulder high all evening.
            bloody right. We need a black tie somewhere up town for a big ole knees up!!! However the chickens havent hatched yet!

DR, you can register to FT for free if you feel inclined.

Comment

24 new members this week.

Comment

Outstanding.

If anyone still has reservations about joining NTRT, I'm happy to answer any questions.

Just email me at donkeyrhubarb AT rocketmail.com
                I woke up to news that 2 more of my contacts joined last night and another has said he will sign up today!!

Obviously I’m pleased this helps fund the war chest but on personal note, as friends, I’m really happy for them as I wouldn’t want them to miss out on this opportunity!! If you have friends who’ve had their heads stuck in the sand all this time then reach out to them now as doing so will benefit both them and NTRT, and this might be their best chance of not being screwed by HMRC!!!!

Comment

NTRT membership

24 new members this week.

can't help thinking this post has made a difference:

Freeloading won't work.

Our advisors CCW will only represent our members.
                  but it doesn't matter how we achieve our goal, great work to everyone who has prompted the new members to join.

Comment

28 new members.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireship View Post
                      Obviously I’m pleased this helps fund the war chest but on personal note, as friends, I’m really happy for them as I wouldn’t want them to miss out on this opportunity!! If you have friends who’ve had their heads stuck in the sand all this time then reach out to them now as doing so will benefit both them and NTRT, and this might be their best chance of not being screwed by HMRC!!!!
                      I'm personally facing a bill of around £152,000 (including interest).

I'm doing this because I honestly believe the George argument is my best chance of not having to pay this obscene retrospective tax.
                      Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 19 March 2015, 10:07.

Comment

Working...
                      X